Taking the knowledge you have gained by evaluating and defining your ideal clients needs (see Creating a Customer Centric Business Model), and determine how to leverage technology to provide the level of service expected in a cost effective way. There are a lot of choices when it concerns what technologies are worth the effort to implement. From the implementation of a CRM, Business Blog, Social Media, Distribution Networks, Email Marketing, Website Platforms, etc., there can be a lot of tools to choose from.
How can these technologies improve your ability to manage customer more effectively?
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software can be used to segment your client base in a way that will allow you to tailor your messaging to relate to their buying behavior. Properly setting up your CRM and automating custom tailored messaging and campaign tracking will give you the ability interpret the results you achieve in a way that will allow you to replicate the success in a more predictive manor.
- Business Blogging is just a way to build your website content in a way that is easier to track and follow as a customer interested in what you have to say. You can categorize and link information in a way that tells a story. Creating a story that relates to your customer base and flows through multiple pages on your site will increase a prospects willingness to contact you.
- Social Media is a venue that is most likely being used by your ideal customer base. Furthermore it is a way to reach your ideal client in a more personal setting in a more personal way. The key to effectively using social media is to understand the mindset and interests of the participants of each type of social media account. For example LinkedIn is expected to be used for business purposes but you should further segment its use between business and personal pages on LinkedIn. Personal LinkedIn pages are for your personal accomplishments, which can be written in a way to sell your companies services. While company pages should focus on the companies marketing and accomplishments for the same purpose. Of course relating this messaging to what your ideal prospect wants to hear is the key to success.
- Distribution Networks can be used to create brand awareness. Remember when you are reaching out to new networks understand the networks purpose and relate your message to them. In addition, remember this message could be the first impression you make on the prospect and the link used to get them back to the site should take them to page that continues the story you are telling.
- Email Marketing is a great way to stay in touch with your client base. It can be used as a way to improve lead conversion rates and a way to unobtrusively provide current customers with useful information that relate to them.
- Website Platforms need to be established in a way that tells a great story, captures reader’s interests and entices them to convert and share the information with people they know. This can be accomplished with appropriately placed Calls to Action, Share It Functionality and tools like live chat. Making customer interaction and usability is vital to successfully relate to site visitors.